Signed in as:
Signed in as:
Legal Ownership and Use
The following information clarifies the legal ownership and proper use of the Bill Thomas Cheetah brand, intellectual properties, and related items.
We will constantly strive to have this page reflect the most correct information available.
The six children of Bill Thomas and Violet Thomas, the Bill Thomas Family, are the only entities with ownership of any tangible and intangible property of Bill Thomas and his Cheetah.
Carolyn Thomas Walters, first child of Bill Thomas
William Porter Thomas III, third child of Bill Thomas, also known as Bill Thomas or Bill Thomas III
· A note on the “Bill Thomas” name.
o William Porter Thomas II, born in 1921 and died October 10, 2009, commonly and affectionately went by ‘Bill Thomas’.
o His son, William Porter Thomas III, born on March 11, 1954, known as ‘Bill Thomas’ within the Cheetah community.
· A note on the “Bill Thomas Motors” name.
o Bill Thomas had a company called “Bill Thomas Motors” in 1964 (https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/CBS/SearchResults?filing=&SearchType=CORP&SearchCriteria=Bill+Thomas+Motors).
o One of the current custodians for the Bill Thomas Family is Bill Thomas Motors, in honor of the original company name.
· The Bill Thomas Family owns everything related to Bill Thomas and his Cheetah.
o The 2001 “Authorization Agreement” did not reference any transfers of any ownership and ended with the 2009 death of Bill Thomas. This has been confirmed by the US Federal Court judgement.
o No other documents alleging to change any ownership have survived common sense scrutiny and the scrutiny of the US Federal Courts nor the US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO).
o The Bill Thomas Family has won against any oppositions to the five Trademarks pursued.
· The “Bill Thomas Continuation Cheetah” project and “Authorization Agreement”.
o The 2001 “Authorization Agreement” between Bill Thomas and BTM LLC of Arizona was a license agreement that ended by the Bill Thomas Family on September 12th, 2013 and confirmed by the US Federal Court judgement to have ended upon Bill Thomas’s death on October 10, 2009.
o This project produced thirty ‘Continuation Cheetahs’ personally authenticated by Bill Thomas. With the loss of Bill Thomas, no further Continuation Cheetahs can be produced, nor the name/brand used, as the Authorization Agreement requires Bill Thomas’s authentication.
To verify Trademarks without a Registration Number:
1. Visit the United States Patent and Trademark Office’s Trademark Electronic Search System (“USPTO TESS”) - http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/
2. Use the “Name” above to search for the Trademark.
3. Use the Registration Number or Serial Number to view the LIVE applications.
No use of any Bill Thomas Cheetah branding or intellectual property can be used to sell any new products, included but not limited to:
· the ‘Bill Thomas Cheetah’ name.
· the ‘Bill Thomas Motors’ name or its BTM abbreviation.
· the ‘Bill Thomas’ name or likeness.
· the name or likeness of any Bill Thomas Family member.
· the Trademarks, logos, and phrases mentioned on this website.